Our customers, prospects and B2B Lead followers often ask us about marketing automation. Since ReachForce targeted role-based leads are fed into many of these solutions we decided to give each of them an opportunity to explain their key benefits and features in their own words. Thanks to Kevin Joyce (@nivenor1) at Market2Lead for this post.
What is Market2Lead?
Here is the story behind marketing automation, and Market2Lead:
Sales folks spend most of their time in proposal and negotiation stages. For the most part, they do not like cold-calling or prospecting. Also, a day of a sales person’s time can be quite expensive. To make sales folks more effective, we look for ways to give them only marketing-qualified, sales-ready leads. And if we do that by having marketing people do tele-prospecting on the phone, we would spend almost as much as using the sales folks. So we need automation to make it cost-effective. The further back you go in the sales cycle (left in the graphic below) the less expensive the touch has to be! The majority of CRMs simply don’t have the depth of functionality to take on this marketing role of nurturing. So we look for marketing automation to help us nurture and develop relationships with prospects, gathering more information about their needs and offering them relevant educational materials that support the value proposition. Then, at the right time, we hand the prospects off to Sales. Market2Lead excels at doing this.
Market2Lead offers marketing automation software and services that provide the automation and analytical insight to move more prospect relationships into customer relationships. The Market2Lead software assures that marketing programs are more effective in producing sales-ready leads, and that marketing investments have a measurably better ROI.
A marketing automation system must provide these benefits to be of value to Marketing:
- Increased Marketing effectiveness
- Deliver more sales ready-leads to sales teams
- Nurture prospects so they move through the funnel faster
- Measure the marketing influence on opportunities in the funnel
- Provide marketing accountability and ROI
- Ensure that Marketing only adds validated, standardized data into the CRM
The success of any marketing campaign is dependent first and foremost on the target list, then the quality of the offer and finally on the presentation of the offer. This is why at Market2Lead, we have a strong focus on helping organizations execute campaigns that are measurable, leverage cleaner, richer data and produce predictably great results. The goals for marketing organizations everywhere are to produce more sales-ready leads and to contribute in a measurable way to increasing revenues and profitability of their firms. This requires greater marketing effectiveness and accountability.
A New Level of Marketing Measurability
Marketing automation not only brings efficiencies through automation and effectiveness through better execution, it also brings to marketing a new level of measurability. Market2Lead brings the unprecedented ability to define business rules to connect marketing campaigns and programs to sales opportunities, so the precise impact of marketing on the business results can be measured. With the costs entered into the campaign definition, we can even show you your ROI and cost per lead. Market2Lead has full marketing data warehouse capability, in addition to operational reporting, so that custom dashboards can save you the time you’d otherwise spend to aggregate and present data.
Capture More Leads
Market2Lead’s sophisticated response management captures more leads in less time. Our web forms can be configured and deployed by marketing managers (rather than involving IT staff), and are dynamic, allowing you to do progressive profiling of prospects. Our forms also have field validation and standardization, so you can ensure a richer and cleaner marketing database. And since only a fraction of the marketing leads come through a company’s website, we offer sophisticated contact data integration capabilities to enable pooling of all offline and online data. These include a web services API, scheduled FTP imports, and an elegant import wizard that helps ensure the data integrity and completeness of your database.
The best nurture campaigns take into account the entire behavioral history of each person and go about presenting the best possible next offer that is appropriate for that person. The Market2Lead system has the unique ability to automate arbitration of the most relevant offer for each individual.
The 5 Core Areas of Functionality in Marketing Automation
There are five areas of functionality that are essential in any good marketing automation system. All five are listed below, along with information on how Market2Lead excels at them all.
Contact Data Integration
CDI centralizes all of your online and offline marketing data in one database. Market2Lead provides:
- Dynamic integration with the SFA system
- Scheduled FTP and API for data integration
The capture of validated, standardized data is key to effective campaigns. Market2Lead provides:
- Dynamic forms with progressive profiling
- Data format validation and address validation
- Personalized microsites and PURLs
New leads and responses must be scored, sent to the appropriate queues and in some cases routed to the appropriate channel. Market2Lead provides:
- Sophisticated scoring based on all prospect behavior, association with opportunities or accounts, and demographic data
- Notifications that can be initiated to Sales, Marketing, and others based on new responses
- Support of multiple queues, including SFA, tele-qualification, partners and reseller queues
Market2lead provides campaign automation that measurably increases the productivity of marketing:
- System-arbitrated adaptive campaigns that determine the best next offer for each individual
- Ability to copy all assets and deep copy of programs that include all program attributes
- Sophisticated list segmentation that includes: opportunity, account data, and time-based selection
Marketing Business Intelligence
Market2lead provides a business intelligence platform that includes:
- A historical data warehouse with custom reporting and dashboards
- Reporting on Marketing’s influence on the sales pipeline
- Web analytics and tracking of unknown visitors
What makes Market2Lead the best solution for so many firms?
- The strongest response management capability
- The best data integration capabilities
- A strong focus on data quality and metrics
- The best marketing business intelligence capabilities in the industry
- The most powerful automated campaigns
- Ability to support the needs of large corporations in many countries