Adopting marketing automation software is one of the best decisions a business can make. In this day and age, businesses need to leverage big data to gain the industry and consumer insights that inform smarter marketing decisions. With marketing automation, businesses can reach their full potential and provide superior service to customers. Nonetheless, implementing any new software can present challenges. Here's a guide for implementing marketing automation software quickly and easily.
1. Choose your software. Prior to investing in software, it's important to map out your main priorities with the software, so you can purchase a software that accommodates your business objectives. One of the main advantages of marketing automation is the ability to eliminate data silos by integrating data across all departments. However, not all tools incorporate this feature, and it's important to find a comprehensive software program that will integrate data from all departments seamlessly. Additionally, settle on a single software that can perform the functions needed by all department, rather than relying on separate software programs for each department.
2. Compile all data and files. Make note of all data and files that need to be transferred to the new software, and gather them together to make uploading easier.
3. Clean your data. Prior to transferring your data to your new software, it's imperative to clean the data and eliminate incomplete, outdated, or incorrect data from your system.
4. Transfer the data. Export the data from the current system and import it to your new software. Many marketing automation tools provide a function for transferring data, which makes it easier and more efficient.
5. Organize the data. Once the data has been uploaded successfully, you can organize it in a way that is attractive and easy to use. Use this as an opportunity to apply any stylistic or template changes to files, so you can start fresh with your new software.
6. Test the software. Test all aspects of the software to ensure there are no bugs or technical difficulties prior to deployment.
7. Troubleshoot all problems. If any technical difficulties arise during the testing process, utilize your tech-support to help troubleshoot the issues.
8. Train employees. Perhaps the most time-consuming of the steps, you need to thoroughly train all employees in the software prior to deploying it across departments. By devoting ample time to training, the deployment will run smoothly, and staff will be able to utilize the software more effectively.
9. Rollout the software. Given marketing automation can integrate data across departments, it's ideal to rollout the software to all departments simultaneously.
Marketing automation is easy to set up and implement, while providing incredible benefits to the marketing campaigns of businesses. Prior to choosing a software, it's important to consider your goals and objectives as a company, and ensure the software will advance your business's agenda. Additionally, choose a software that can be utilized by all departments and will integrate data across the entire organization, so you can eliminate data silos and increase the accuracy of insights. To ensure your marketing automation insights are current and relevant, it's imperative to cleanse your data prior to uploading it.
ReachForce SmartForms helps marketers increase revenue contribution by solving some of their toughest data collection and management problems. We understand the challenges of results-driven marketers and provide solutions to make initiatives like landing pages better. Whether you have an acute pain to solve today or prefer to grow your capabilities over time, ReachForce SmartForms can help you improve your lead generation efforts at your own pace.