Marketing automation tools are becoming increasingly popular in the business world, as marketing teams look for ways to optimize efficiency, improve ROI, and simplify the workday. Yet, not all automation tools are created equally, and the benefits you receive will largely depend on the quality and type of software purchased. Investing in new software is a big decision, as it requires both time and money to implement. Here are the top qualities you should seek in marketing automation tools to ensure your company gains the greatest advantages possible.
1. Versatility: Data silos are the bane of the marketing world. They compromise the integrity of data and make marketing campaigns inaccurate and inefficient. One of the main advantages of marketing automation is the ability to implement it across all departments, thus integrating all data and eliminating silos. However, not all marketing tools can be used across the entire organization. Ensure the software you choose contains a vast array of features, so it possesses all the critical functions needed by each department of your organization.
2. Scalability: The size and industry of your business will largely determine your scaling needs. Larger businesses often accrue data more quickly, thus requiring greater storage capacity. Fast-growing companies need to expand their software packages quickly to accommodate the needs of all new hires. Consider the size of your company, the rate of data accumulation, and the speed of business growth to ensure the software you purchase can be scaled to meet your future needs. Some marketing automation companies make scaling easy, and you can update your subscription at any time. Others, however, require long-term contracts that inhibit rapid scaling. By finding a software that can cater to any business size, you can minimize the need for future database migrations, instead relying on a single software as your company grows.
3. User support: The implementation process with any new software can feel burdensome, which is why many companies are reluctant to adopt new technologies. The user support that's offered with a software can ease the implementation process by helping you to troubleshoot any difficulties that arise along the way.
4. Comprehensive tools: Marketing automation can be used to automate all aspects of marketing, while providing customer insights that fuel lead generation. However, some software programs are more comprehensive than others, and the functionality of the software will determine the overall impact it has on your marketing campaign. To fully leverage all business data, automate all facets of the marketing campaign, and gain a complete view of the customer, it's essential to find a software that contains comprehensive tools and advanced analytic capabilities.
5. Attractive interface: While it may seem superfluous, an attractive interface that is easy to navigate will considerably improve data analysis. It will make the technology easier to utilize, more enjoyable for employees, and provide a more concise breakdown of data, so marketers can make better use of the software.
Adopting marketing automation is a smart choice that can help to advance the core goals of your company. Yet, not all automation tools are as effective as needed, nor can all tools cater to large businesses or high-growth companies. It's ideal to invest in a software that caters to all sizes of business, so it can continue to meet your needs, even as your company grows. Additionally, one that contains added support, advanced tools and features, and an attractive dashboard will simplify the implementation process and enhance data analysis.
ReachForce helps marketers increase revenue contribution by solving some of their toughest data management problems. We understand the challenges of results-driven marketers and provide solutions to make initiatives like marketing automation, personalization and predictive marketing better. Whether you have an acute pain to solve today or prefer to grow your capabilities over time, ReachForce can unify, clean and enrich prospect and customer lifecycle data in your business, and do it at your own pace.